Why a BPM Suite can Transform your Shared Services
Shared Service Centers have the potential to drastically simplify and improve large operations. By centralizing your IT resources, you can significantly cut costs and provide consistent, better service to multiple organizational units. But many services are process-based. What component is ensuring that these processes are managed optimally? How do you provide visibility over such processes? How can you be sure that SLAs are met?
An intelligent BPM suite (iBPMS) is the ideal engine to power a Shared Services Center. An iBPMS is designed to model, design and implement hundreds of business processes in an optimal and efficient manner. Organizations who choose BPM as a core element of their shared services strategy report faster time-to-solution, reduced costs, and higher satisfaction due to improved service.
But there are a wide range of BPM suites on the market. How do you select one which will be the best fit for your Shared Services program? First, you should focus on iBPMS (not just standard BPM). Gartner recognizes a short list of iBPMS providers on its annual iBPMS Magic Quadrant.
Next, look for an iBPMS that enables not just process management, but also the following elements:
- Work Optimization
- Low Code Applications, Rapid Development
- Quick, reliable integration
- Excellent UX (User Experience)
- Ability to handle change
There is one iBPMS on the Magic Quadrant which ticks all of these boxes – Cora SeQuence.
- SeQuence includes HotOperations, a revolutionary Case Management and Work Optimization product which facilitates smart, real-time allocation of work based on predictive analytics. Operations Managers can see the impact of work allocation immediately. Automatic allocation according to logical rules and analytics is also possible.
- Customers report that SeQuence’s Low Code capabilities enable their teams to rapidly create powerful Process applications, without months or years of development.
- SeQuence integrates smoothly with a wide range of external systems that include SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards and more. All this with out-of-the-box connectors.
- Our patented HotChange® architecture enables rapid, controlled change, an essential element when modifying services for changing departments and needs.
AutoNation Transforms Business Processes for its Shared Services Center
AutoNation is the largest automotive retailer in the United States and recently sold its 10 millionth vehicle. AutoNation chose Cora SeQuence BPM suite to achieve a business transformation for its Shared Services Center. It has reduced the time it takes to cancel consumers’ F&I products to three days on average, a fraction of what it used to be.
AutoNation Saves Over $500,000 a Year in Labor Costs
Because of the faster turnaround, car buyers at AutoNation stores can now more easily use a refund from a canceled product on a trade-in vehicle as a down payment on their next vehicle.
“With AutoNation’s old system, in some cases, it took months to cancel consumers’ F&I products, in part because the system gave no reminders when the process was stuck at a step,” said Li Huang, IT director for AutoNation. “It was a drawn-out process that could hold up consumers’ refund payments.”
“On average, AutoNation receives 10,500 cancellation requests per month,” Huang said. “Now this process takes under three days.”
SeQuence helps us reduce errors, increase control & visibility of process performance, save costs, improve customer experience, and reduce business process cycle time, making us more competitive.
AutoNation is using SeQuence to optimize several additional processes as part of its Shared Services initiative.